Friday, May 2, 2008

Trying to live more Charitably

I have been told that if you want more happiness and love in your life, you should spend more time serving others. I have been trying to do that lately. I am working towards being a better visiting teacher, a better friend, and a better mother. Since my hair has been annoying me lately, I decided to be more charitable with it and donate it to Locks of Love, a non-profit organization that uses the hair donations to manufacture wigs/hair pieces for underprivledged kids who have lost their hair due to any type of medical illness/diagnosis. It's pretty cool what they do if you think about it. You can visit their website at http://www.locksoflove.org, to get information on what they do or how to donate your own hair. I forgot to take the camera with me, but here is a picture of me before I cut my hair from a couple of days ago:

And then here is a picture of me today, after the haircut, with the new glasses.What do you think? (I just took these pictures with the web cam because it is easier than trying to hold a camera in the right place.) I have never had my hair this short before in my life. The hair on the back of my neck is actually shaved in places. I think it might take me a couple of days to get used to it, but I kind of like it. It should also keep me cool for the summer, and even though it's not much, I am glad that I could help out some less fortunate children. Well, I better go, it's movie night and we have friends coming over!

8 comments:

Sally said...

You are a babe! :) You always look awesome!

John, Tish and Peyton Maughan said...

Cute blog Angi! I love all the pictures!

Jen Whitaker said...

I actually really like the short hair. It's not as short as I imagined when you told me over the phone.
Nice blog. Your kids really are adorable!!
Jen

Allyssabeth said...

We must be in sync. I just cut mine dramatically too. The girl that did it didn't know how to donate it though when I asked her.

Hey, what's with the new glasses? I thought you were going with Lasik next month for your birthday.

Kelly(M&M) said...

You look gorgeous with your new hair cut! You have beautiful hair, you lucky girl! I think it is always great to do a little better. That is all that is expected of us. I think you are an amazing friend and mom. Thanks for your support all these years.

Anonymous said...

Cute! It's a very "put together" look. I actually have the same hair so of course I love it!

Kristin said...

Angi-Jon gave me your blog address. Yeah!!
Very cool to donate to Lock of Love--one of my really good friends has done that a few times. I think it is an awesome way to serve. Your hair was gorgeous long--I don't think I ever saw it done cause I usually only saw you in the middle of the night. Anyhow the hair cut is great too--I really like it. You can do it long or short. Your children are so dang cute. Liked looking at all the pictures--love your little baby--she is a doll. Glad to be able to keep up with you guys on here.

Teresa Jolley said...

Ok, I found your blog from Tiana's site. I had to cyberstalk you too so I could see your cute family. Are your kids really that old... That is crazy. It just seems like yesterday we all went camping and...well you know the rest. It was good to see your family.