Monday, March 16, 2009

Announcements, Announcements, Annnoooouuuuccceeeements...

So, we have some announcements to make. The whole family had a myriad of doctor's appointments today, and we learned a lot of things. First, we learned that Kimmy loves the dress-up doctor glasses in the exam room:

Then, we learned that Nate is healthy and growing like a weed and that he wouldn't have to get any shots today. He was really happy about that.

Next, we learned that the new baby we are expecting in August is going to be a ... well, you will have to watch the video to find out. Nate's reaction, where he is trying to play it cool is great, but don't forget to notice Dana getting crazy in the background:



Here are some pictures from the ultrasound. I didn't have the energy to try and scan them into the computer, so I just took pictures of the pictures, and you can get the idea from them.

First, we have the super "Skeletor" face picture:
Then we got this really amazing profile picture, and I have to say, ultrasound images have improved so much just in the 8 years since we had our first one with Nathan. I turned this one on it's side so you could see it better.
Then we got the awesome pictures of the baby's privates, which were much better on the computer screen than they are in this picture of a picture, but there is no doubt in all our minds what it is:
Anyway, all I can say is that I am so glad that we are having a boy...I don't think I could have handled Nate's broken heart if it was a girl. Plus, Jared and I were talking about where we would put the baby if it was another girl, since there really is no room to put the crib in the girls room with their dresser and bunk beds and bookcase, so if it was a girl, it would probably just end up sleeping in a dresser drawer :)! I am sure the baby is heaving a huge sigh of relief right now...

13 comments:

Teresa Jolley said...

I'm am so happy for you. Everyone around me were having girls (Tiana, my other sister in law) so I convinced myself I was having a girl too even tho I wanted a boy so when I found out it was a boy, I was so excited too. Congrats!!!

Kelly(M&M) said...

We are so excited for all of you (but especially Nate!!!)! What a lucky baby boy to be joining your cute family.

Love ya!!

PS
Nope, won't be joining you this time. I mean it.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I cant wait to see him.

The Lanyons said...

Hooray! Now you officially have an heir and a spare for each sex. How very royal of you!

Kevin said...

No Doubt about it!!

Luke said...

Are boys ever shy for their ultrasounds? For both of mine, they said, "Um, we think it is probably a girl, but don't go out and buy anything pink yet." Congratulations Nate, for no longer being outnumbered. And Dana and Kim who now will have a little brother to pick on and dress up like a girl (my poor little brother was tortured).

Sally said...

Congrats! I'm SO jealous!!!

Jed and Kate said...

Yay! That is fabulous news! Congratulations!!!
-Kate

The Gately Family said...

We are thrilled for you! Four is the perfect number. You know you are now just the opposite of us. We have girl, boy, boy, girl. Congrats again!

mom and dad said...

Hey guys - CONGRATS! I know you were so hoping for a boy but trying not to make too big of a deal about it so you wouldn't be too disappointed this time if it Were a girl. Just gonna be nice to have 2 of each and not 3-1. We are excited for you. Looking forward to coming down to help when that time comes. MOM & DAD

Tiana Johnson said...

It looks like he's blowing bubbles out of his ween in the ultrasound pic!

Did Kelly just have a 3rd or 4th? I see she's holding an infant in her picture in the comment above.

I feel very fortunate to be one of the select few who knew about this little guy from the very beginning. It's not that easy keeping such a secret!

jmemay said...

I was so surprised to check your blog and see that you were pregnant!!! I am thrilled for you! Your kids are getting so grown up! Congrats on another one to add to the fun :)

Marcee said...

We are so excited for you!! Big news!! We love boys over here though, they are the BEST!!