Saturday, June 14, 2008

Angi hits middle age!

Well, the worst has happened. At least I am still standing to tell the tale. This past Thursday, I turned 30! I know, so old. The only thing that keeps me from crying about the passing of my youth is that my sister Ronni turns 40 in October. (Hahaha, no matter how old I get, you'll still be older.)

(Above photo courtsey of Dana) My birthday was great. I got to sleep in till 8:30 (trust me, that is sleeping in!) and then my wonderful husband Jared made me French Toast with fresh fruit toppings. Jared has always been so great about making my birthdays really special! *I love you honey!* This birthday was no exception. He and the kids had been planning my surprises all week. After lunch, I got to open my presents.

Jared and the kids got me a completely new bedding set. (Don't worry, it's not that pink cheetah print you see at the bottom of the picture.) It was so nice, you know, one of those things that I have needed for a long time, but am too lazy/cheap to get for myself. The only teensy, tiny problem with it though, was that I really didn't like the pattern. (Poor Jared! He tried so hard to get something he thought I would like, and it backfired. I didn't want to tell him that I didn't like it, but he could tell immediately! Luckily, he had already prepared himself for that possibility, so he wasn't offended. What a good sport.

After that, all I knew was that we were going down to the city for the evening, and my AWESOME friends, Felicia and Sandra, had agreed to take the kids all day/evening. Well, we ended up at a wonderful seafood restaurant on the Wharf, Scoma's, where their lobster bisque soup is to die for (thanks of the recommendation Felicia).

Can you tell that the bowl that Jared's Cioppino came in was bigger than his head? We had a great grown up dinner, I almost forgot what it was like to have dinner without one of the kids crawling all over me or eating off my plate or something.

They even brought me a slice of their choclate cheesecake marquis drizzled with raspberry sauce, and topped with whipped cream, with a candle for me to blow out. After dinner, we headed downtown to Union Square where we were going to see a Magic Show. Yeah, I was a little worried too! Jared had been recommended to go see this guy, "Darren Romeo, The Voice of Magic" by some people at work.

He apparently apprenticed with Sigfried and Roy in Vegas for several years, and also loved musical theatre, so his show was a sort of combination of the two.

Here we are in the Post Street Theatre lobby trying to get a nice picture of the two of us, which never happens because one of us is always behind the camera. However a nice gentleman also waiting in the lobby offered to take one for us, but it is a little far away.

During the opening act, I was really starting to question how well Jared knew me, I mean first the bedset that wasn't my style and now a singing magician? :) However, once the singing died down a bit and the magic started, he totally won me over. He had some really neat tricks, I wish I could have taken pictures, but they didn't let cameras into the playhouse. When we got home, my friends were waiting for me with a ballon and a card and a promise of a girls night out this Tuesday. I am so lucky! It was a wonderful birthday, and through the haze of my depression about getting old, I am so grateful that I am blessed with such wonderful family and friends who love me so much. Thank you!

I kept trying to get pictures of the two of us on our way home in the car. Jared is going to hate me for putting the next one up, but I like me in it, and it's just a really bad angle for him.

You can tell the angle is bad, and makes his face look big because look how great he looks in the next picture. What a handsome, kind man! I love you Jared!

So it's up to Jared to Photoshop the 2 pictures together to make us a photo we both like!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

No matter what the angle you guys were together having fun and it showed!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Angie!!! Welcome to the 30s. It's actually not too bad once you get used to it.

Looks like you had a fabulous day. You have a sweet hubby--And lobster bisque to die for . . .yummy!!! I LOVE seafood. Miss the stuff you can get when you live by the ocean. (grew up in Massachusetts) Anyhow, glad you had so much fun.

Kelly(M&M) said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a fun day. Good job, Jared.

Hey, I really hope we get to see you this summer, hint hint!