Saturday, June 14, 2008

Goodbye Kindergarten

So, the summer has officially begun and Nate has graduated from Kindergarten. It is so weird to think that my baby is going to be in first grade next year. He likes school so much, and his wonderful teacher Miss Andi, that he asked me if it was okay for him to go to summer school. So funny!



I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer in his classroom this year almost once a week. I think I may have been more sad about the school year ending than him, because I will miss his teacher so much. We bonded. Lucky for us, Miss Andi already told us that when Dana starts Kindergarten in a year, she is going to grab her up for her class again. Dana CAN'T wait!



Here he is playing "Blob" with the class.

Nate was a very well liked kid. Here he is is being hugged by Crystal, and his good friend Jeremiah is trying to get in on the action too.
Dana loved that Nate was in Kindergarten, because she got to come with me to volunteer in the classroom a lot, and she always got to come to all the fieldtrips, and fun activities, like the picnic on the last day of school.
Here is Dana with our good friend Sandra, whose son is in Kindergarten too.



Here he is at the bubble station. All in all it was a great year for Nate. He learned so much and can't wait to go back in the fall as a first grader, and get to play on the big kids playground!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats to all of you--esp. Nate. Isn't it fantastic to find awesome teachers?? So glad he enjoys school so much--that makes such a HUGE difference. Enjoy the summer!!

Tiana Johnson said...

Okay, Angi, if you want to leave you lots of fun messages, you have to do me a favor. You have to go to your settings and under comments, change it to a pop up and take off the word verification. It takes too long to comment as much as I want when it's set up the way you have it now.
Okay, so I can't believe you're a parent to a 1st grader! Time flies. I can't believe you started having kids before me, and now I'm one up on you! When are you getting prego with me??? Tell Jared he'll be glad in the end...won't he??? Ha ha. I just wish someone could suffer with me.