Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kimberly turns 1

This past weekend the Cowley Family reached a milestone. Our baby girl, Kimberly Ann, turned one. I say this a milestone for our family because she will probably be our last baby, and I just can't believe how big she is already! It makes me get a little sad everytime I think about it. One of Kimberly's first pictures in the hospital after she was born! She actually came out with almost black hair if you can believe it.


Poor Kimmy, Mommy was so busy gettting the house clean for guests, that I didn't even bother to make her a cake. Don't I get the Mom of the year award?!?! Anyway, here is the progression of Kimmy chowing down on her first birthday cupcake-cake.

First Bite "This tastes good!" "I like this!"

"More please."

Her dress actually had to be removed because of all the frosting!
Here is Kimmy opening some of her presents. I love the one where she is actually biting the package! So cute!
Nate is anxiously waiting to see if Kim needs "help" unwrapping her presents.
Kimmy loved the bubble machine she got from our friends the Wolds

But it is not just Kimberly who is growing. In the year since Kimmy joined our family, Dana has grown from my little baby girl, into a pretty smart and independent big girl. This is the day that our little girls met each other for the first time. It's hard for me to even remember Dana being so little. Dana has always loved to give Kimmy loves...no matter how much Kimmy may hate it!
Here they are together in September supporting the Cougars
And this is them together today, they have both grown so much!

Nate's last day of Kindergarten is tomorrow, and then he will be a first grader. He has now lost 6 teeth, and when he lost the last one, the Tooth Fairy found this sweet note inside the container:

If you can't read it, this is what it says: "ToTH FARy, you aRe gReAt i HoPe you HAve LOTS oF Fun AT SuMMur BRek" When he woke up the next day, the Tooth Fairy had left him a letter that was printed on stationary that said "From the desk of the Tooth Fairy..." and Nate was so excited. He said, "I didn't know the Tooth Fairy had a desk!" It was so funny. Then just yesterday, Nate was sick with a fever of 102. He stayed home from school and watched movies and layed on the couch the whole day. When I was cleaning up, I found a pad of paper that he had written on. It said: "To Do LiSt, heLP Nate geT BeTTeR, heLp MoM Take CaRe oF Nate, SpanK DaD." He is so clever and funny!



Nate and Kimmy and Mommy on the day Kimmy was born.

5 comments:

Lissel Dalton said...

Jared and Angie,

I have loved reading through your blog and viewing your darling photos! What a beautiful family you have. And all that gorgeous red hair! I'm still crossing my fingers some the red hair in both my and Tyler's family will find its way to one of our children. I hope this finds you well! Happy Birthday to both Kimmy and Dana!

Lissel Dalton
www.dalton-family.com

Melissa Buecher said...

Looks like fun. Let's be friends. What do you mean Kim is your last baby. That's not what you told me the other day.

Sally said...

Your kids are so cute! I love your stories! I miss you guys!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Kimberly!!!!

In my book cake is cake--yummy and fattening. She looked way happy with her cupcake. You did good.

Your hair looks great.

Your kids are darling-and yes, getting too big. I can't believe she is one. Love the BYU picture--so cute.

The Lanyons said...

Hey Angi - I don't think I've ever seen your kiddies before, they are ADORABLE! And what a fun site.